Now it’s time to make things happen! What will it take to make your idea a reality and put your solution into practice?
- Identify people who have special expertise that could help you realize your solution. Do you need a graphic designer? A carpenter? A structural engineer? Now ask around in your network to see if you know anyone with that expertise, and give them your best pitch to convince them to help you out.
- It’s important to get permission to carry your project out, especially if it will alter the built environment. Figure out who has authority over the site you are working at, and pitch your plan to that person or agency to win their support.
- Make a detailed budget of time, money, and other resources you will need to complete your project. Do you have what you need? If not, what can you do to get what you need?
- Come up with a work plan, and decide on specific roles your team members will play and specific action steps everyone will take to get the job done.
- Think about how your solution will be sustained for as long as you would like to see it last. Make a plan for maintenance and sustainability, and make sure everyone understands their responsibilities.
- Don’t forget to celebrate! Invite everyone who has helped you along the way to share in the festivities, and thank them all for their help.